Simplicity 2817 for my sweet girl. Of course, I think she’s the cutest Snow White…ever! I actually bought this pattern over a year ago during a Hancock 99 cent sale. The two blue fabrics are cotton/poly broadcloth. The yellow and pink were picked up from the bargain table….a polyester of some sort, I assume.
The pattern was fairly easy to follow and offered me some new challenges – piping, applique, sewing with “slippery” fabrics. I made only a few adjustments to the pattern, adding velcro closure rather than a zipper (easier for playing), forgoing the bow on the headband, and not adding the stand-up white collar around the cape. The bodice runs a bit big, but that will help the dress stay in dress-up rotation for a year or two.
We were rushing to go to the zoo for Hallzooween one Sunday and I ran into *issues* making the white collar. My daughter tried on the cape and said “I think it looks finished without the white part”. I hugged and kissed her and told her that she made my week! I also grew tired of fussing with the hem….and decided to cut it with the pinking blade of my rotary cutter! It works just fine without a proper hem. I may finish the hem at some point, or I may not!