Today I made another Simple Tote (from BTRS). This one was made slightly larger – the beginning pieces were 12.5″ x 11″. The tote was made to compliment the zip pouch and tissue holder from the previous post which were christmas gifts for my mother. I had only two small scraps of the yellow print fabric, so I used it to make an interior pocket and the panel for the front of the bag. I fused the yellow print to the khaki cotton with some Wonder Under interfacing and the fabric puckered a bit, so I probably won’t try that again. After the tote was finished I realized I could have easily made the yellow panel an exterior pocket to add some function. The dark brown fabric is a rayon blend I found as a remnant. It made a nice soft finish for the bag but was impossible to use for the straps, as it would not press well before stitching.
Right now I am making my first attempt at making a handbag and can’t wait to post the results!